Places to stay in Colchester, Essex
We currently have 48 accommodations in and around Colchester with other regional listings available for Self Catering, Caravan parks, Hotels, Guest Houses and other properties. You can filter listings by the available types:
In AD77 a Roman writer by the name of Pliny the Elder described the location of the Isle of Anglesey as being 'about 200 miles from Camulodunum, a town in Britain'. This was the Roman name for Colchester and is the earliest known reference to a fixed settlement in Britain, hence the claim to be Britain's oldest recorded town. Local dining options include Restaurant At The George Hotel Colchester, Cafe Rouge, Parliament Restaurant At The Red Lion, and Maharani.
Wondering where to stay? Lodging options in the town are mainly limited to Bed and Breakfast type accommodations, though there are a large number of nearby hotels. If you are travelling in the area, Colchester is located close to Eyke, Buxhall, Ingatestone and Fryering, Canvey Island and Thorpe Morieux.
Looking for somewhere to eat? Locate places to eat in Colchester.
Not the town you are looking for? Try our Town Search, or use the Advanced Google Search above.
Selected and best reviewed properties in Colchester
Other local Colchester information.
- Longitude: 0°54'4.4452
- Latitude: 51°53'23.295
Colchester is close to:
Closed or unlisted properties
- Seven Arches Farm B&B located at Seven Arches Farm, Chitts Hill closed or delisted.
- Roman Cottage located at 64 Roman Road closed or delisted.
- Parliament Restaurant At The Red Lion at High Street may have been previously known as The Red Lion Hotel
- Restaurant At The George Hotel Colchester at 116 High Street may have been previously known as The George Hotel Ltd
- Table Table - Balkerne Gate, Colchester at Ipswich Road may have been previously known as Premier Inn ( North )
- Waldegrave Holiday & Leisure Park at Mersea Island may have been previously known as Waldegraves Holiday Park
- Milsoms at Stratford Road may have been previously known as Milsoms