Best Western Ambleside Salutation Hotel
Best Western Ambleside Salutation Hotel is a hotel located in Ambleside.
Nearby restaurants include Restaurant At Lakes Lodge, Restaurant At The Fisherbeck Hotel, Restaurant At Elder Grove, and Restaurant At Red Bank Guest House.
Quick navigate Ambleside Hotels
The information displayed here is displayed 'as is'. Also check the website ( if listed ) for up-to-date information, prices and availability. Stay England is not responsible for the content of external websites. If you are the owner or operator of Best Western Ambleside Salutation Hotel and wish to update or modify the content on this page including room details, specials and getaways or availability, please use our submission page.
Coffee Maker in Room. No Smoking Rooms/Facilities. Fitness Center or Spa. Bar/Lounge. Elevators. Fishing. Free Parking. Hairdryers Available. Meeting/Banquet Facilities. Pets Allowed. Pool. Television with Cable. Restaurant. Room Service. Internet Access – Complimentary.
Please note map locations may based on either the address, the town or based on the location of the listed properties zip / postcode.
Location details / directions
·From: All directions. M6 J36 A591 through Windermere to Ambleside village center to the BEST WESTERN Ambleside Salutation Hotel.
Near to the following attractions
- On Premise:
- Beech Tree Restaurant, English and continental cuisine serving breakfast and dinner.
- Lounge Bar, serving English bar meals and drinks.
- 64 mile(s) from Carlisle
- 95 mile(s) from Manchester
- 1.5 mile(s) from Windermere, England's largest lake, cruises available from Ambleside to Bowness and Lakeside.
- 2.5 mile(s) from Brock hole National Park, set in award-winning gardens, which run down to the lake. Exciting exhibitions, adventure playground, special events, walks and a chance to learn about the National Parks.
- 4 mile(s) from Dove Cottage, the home of William Wordsworth 1799-1808. Guided tours of the cottage are available, also, a museum displaying manuscripts, along with paintings of the life and work of Wordsworth, his family and friends.
- 6 mile(s) from Hill Top, Beatrix Potter's home where she wrote her famous children's stories.
- 10 mile(s) from Brantwood, the home of John Ruskin, one of the greatest figures of the Victorian age. The house is beautifully situated on the shores of Coniston with 250 acres of woodland gardens and lakeshore meadow.
- 10 mile(s) from Grizedale Forest Park, famous for its Forest Sculptures along marked trails with routes for pushchairs, wheelchairs and cycles.
- 11 mile(s) from Aquarium of the Lakes, discover the often-secret world of the wildlife dwelling alongside the lakes, from mountain stream to the river estuary. Watch the otters at play.
- 15 mile(s) from Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway, 15-inch narrow gauge railway travels from the Roman port of Ravenglass, seven miles through Eskdale Valley. Visit the watermill along the way.
- 20 mile(s) from Holker Ha, the beautiful home of Lord and Lady Cavendish with its award-winning gardens. A fine collection of vehicles is on show in the Lakeland Motor Museum.
- 20 mile(s) from Muncaster Castle, visit the 13th century Castle with its free audio tour. Beautiful gardens. The finest owl center in the world is located here where the World Owl Trust has its headquarters.
- 25 mile(s) from South Lakes Wild Animal Park, the North's leading zoo park. See rhino, zebra, tigers, cheetah, red panda, kangaroos, wolves, monkeys and over 100 other species.
- 4 mile(s) from Windermere Train Station
- 49 mile(s) from Carlisle Airport
- 95 mile(s) from Manchester International Airport
- 96 mile(s) from Newcastle International Airport, 180 miles from Glasgow Airport
- Horseback riding
Any prices displayed for Best Western Ambleside Salutation Hotel should be used as a guide only and may vary with room and dates chosen. Lower pricing may be available via the booking system if available. Not all properties are available for online booking. Please note all distances shown are approximate, and may not reflect driving or travel distances.