Best Western Glenridding Hotel
Best Western Glenridding Hotel is a hotel located in Penrith. Hotel completely non smoking. Ullswater is a charming part of the Lake District not to be missed, and perfectly placed to explore the rest of the Lakes. The hotel is surrounded by fabulous walks and beautiful views. Guests can obtain all the help and advice they need from us, and borrow maps and flasks. There is a super outdoor shop in the village so you can make sure that you are properly equipped. The range of walking and outdoor activity is unsurpassed in England and it is fine for inexperienced or novice walkers. Take advantage of two restaurants, traditional pub, and coffee shop between them catering to all your needs. For your leisure there is an indoor swimming pool, sauna, table tennis and snooker table. If you must work we have two dedicated conference suites.
Nearby restaurants include Lake View Restaurant, The Regency Restaurant, Restaurant At Dale Head Hall, and Restaurant At The Rampsbeck Hotel.
Quick navigate Penrith Hotels
The information displayed here is displayed 'as is'. Also check the website ( if listed ) for up-to-date information, prices and availability. Stay England is not responsible for the content of external websites. If you are the owner or operator of Best Western Glenridding Hotel and wish to update or modify the content on this page including room details, specials and getaways or availability, please use our submission page.
Bar/Lounge. Concierge. Fishing. Fitness Center or Spa. Tennis. Television with Cable. Laundry/Valet Services. AM/FM Alarm Clock. Coffee Maker in Room. Elevators. Free Parking. Hairdryers Available. Modem Lines in Room. Meeting/Banquet Facilities. No Smoking Rooms/Facilities. Free Newspaper. Pets Allowed. Pool. Restaurant. Room Service.
Please note map locations may based on either the address, the town or based on the location of the listed properties zip / postcode.
Location details / directions
·From: North M6 exit 40, A592 - 13 miles. ·From: South M6 exit 36, A591 to Windermere then A592 - 14 miles.
Near to the following attractions
- Two restaurants available serving English food with an international flavour
- Traditional English Pub with real ale and a wide selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Kilners Coffee House, serves freshly brewed coffee and snacks
- 48 mile(s) from Carlisle
- Horse back riding
- 7 mile(s) from Dove Cottage and The Wordsworth museum, As well as Dove Cottage Home to Wordsworth when he wrote his greatest poetry - the Wordsworth Museum tells the fascinating story of the poet and his circle, their life and their work
- 7 mile(s) from Rydal Mount and Gardens William Wordsworth's home from 1813 until his death in 1850. Family portraits, personal possessions. Extensive garden landscaped by the poet, with terraces, rare shrubs and magnificent views
- 8 mile(s) from Dalemain Historic House & Gardens Medieval, Tudor & early Georgian home to the same family since 1679. Fascinating interiors, fine furniture, portraits, ceramics. Westmorland & Cumberland Yeomanry Museum. Delightful English Country House Gardens and Parkland. Medieval Hall Licensed Restaurant and Tea Room (log fire)
- 8 mile(s) from Keswick Museum and gallery Keswick Museum and Art Gallery in the Fitz Park was built at the turn of the century. The local history collection stretches back to Roman times, and includes such items as the famous 500 year old cat, a penny farthing cycle, and a man trap
- 9 mile(s) from The Cumberland Pencil Museum Journey through the history of pencils and pencil making at The Cumberland Pencil Museum and the story of our world famous Derwent pencils and artists materials
- 11 mile(s) from Rheged Named after the Ancient Kingdom of the Dark Ages, Rheged will be the newest, largest and most innovative visitor attraction ever to open in Cumbria. Situated in Britain's largest grass covered building, Rheged's centrepiece will be a cinema screen bigger than six double decker buses featuring a dramatic journey back in time through 2,000 years of Cumbria's history, mystery and magic
- 12 mile(s) from Mirehouse Historic House and Gardens The tradition of welcome and peaceful enjoyment continues in this spectacular setting, with wide literary connections, sheltered gardens, lakeside walk and woodland playgrounds
- 12 mile(s) from Beatrix Potter Gallery An annually changing exhibition of a selection of Beatrix Potter's original drawings and illustrations of her children's story books
- 12 mile(s) from Windermere Steamboat Museum, Osprey 1902 A unique and historic collection of Steam and Motor Boats. Steam Launch Trips. Museum Shop and Refreshments. "Swallows and Amazons" Exhibition "Dolly: 1850 - 2000" Exhibition
- Dining Room, on premises, Full Service, International, open for: breakfast, dinner, English Cuisine
- Ratchers Restaurant, on premises, Full Service, International, open for: lunch, dinner, A la Carte
- 14 mile(s) from Penrith Rail Station
- .1 mile(s) from Stagecoach
- 80 mile(s) from Newcastle Airport
- 88 mile(s) from Manchester International Airport
Any prices displayed for Best Western Glenridding Hotel should be used as a guide only and may vary with room and dates chosen. Lower pricing may be available via the booking system if available. Not all properties are available for online booking. Please note all distances shown are approximate, and may not reflect driving or travel distances.